Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My Prayer (12/2/15)

Read Matthew 2:1-8, 16-18.

Father in Heaven, I come to You in the name of Your Son, Jesus.  Thank You for hearing me.  I'm asking that, during this time called Advent, I would not miss Christmas.  Herod missed it because his personal ambition was threatened.  While I would like to think that's not the case with me, I can miss Christmas other ways.  After all the parties, concerts, shopping and TV specials, I will have missed Christmas if I didn't seek Jesus for myself.  I will have missed Christmas if I didn't choose inconvenience over self-preservation.

Stir me to be in pursuit of You, King Jesus.  I want to seek You for myself and be amazed.  You are worth more than whatever effort I might expend or whatever status I might relinquish.

Unlike Herod, let me rejoice when I hear the news about You. Thank You for authentic Christmas joy.

No comments: