Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Waiting for Something Extraordinary

"The truth is that we are waiting, all
of us, against insurmountable odds,
for something extraordinary to happen
to us."
* (Khaled Hosseini)
When I read "something extraordinary", I can't help but think of the Rapture of the Church. What an event that will be!

I have some reservations about taking the quotation as a whole.

  • The reality is that we are not all waiting for this event.  Some choose not to believe there is such a thing as the Rapture.  Some don't have to worry about the Rapture at all.  They need to get saved first!
  • Since the Rapture is a supernatural event, we don't have to concern ourselves with the "insurmountable odds."  That's a category in which God specializes.
You choose what you want about the Rapture.  As for me, I'm "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus" (Tit. 2:13, NASB).

* www.Twitter.com/BruceVH.  November 28, 2013.  10:15 P.M.

No comments: