According to @UberFacts (7/5/12 9:47 AM) "In Florida, it's illegal to watch your neighbor's house burn down and not tell them it's on fire." (When you're done chuckling, I'd like to get back to writing.)
If you saw your neighbor's house on fire, I'm willing to bet you're going to help. I'm willing to bet you don't stop and ask, "What does the law say?" You help because you can, because you must, not because it's illegal if you don't.
I'm thinking of scenarios in which someone doesn't warn his neighbor. (1) The witness hates his neighbor and believes, "He had it coming." (2) The witness doesn't want to get involved, assuming someone else should take the initiative. (3) The witness concludes the threat isn't severe enough. (4) The witness believes irrationally that the neighbor, whose house is on fire, has everything under control.
Right now, all around us, there is something more terrific happening than house fires. People's lives are on a collision course with Hell! I'm wondering why we're not screaming, "You're house is burning down!"
No comments:
Post a Comment