Yes. I get it. Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. This might be the most inopportune time to ask for yet another offering. Then I remember - I will enjoy at least one pizza in the next month. Whether it's sit-down at Pizza Hut or order-in from Vocelli's, the fact is that I do have some discretionary cash. I'm guessing you do too.
There is no way I can, in good conscience and as a believer in Jesus, listen to the description of suffering in the Philippines and not respond. The least I can do is to give up that pizza and donate the money. I cannot say, "I don't have anything to give." The same is true for many of my readers. Won't you join me in giving?
For those who attend Apollo Assembly of God, we will receive an offering November 17, 24 and December 1. If you prefer to give sooner, you can give here.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2501471/Philippines-Typhoon-Haiyan-Bodies-piled-streets-makeshift-mortuaries-overrun.html
No comments:
Post a Comment