How did I get him out? That's what skimmers are for! Well, that's what I used, anyway. So now Clyde was on the end of the skimmer. What to do with him. I decided he needed to look more like a squirrel and less like a wet rat, so I gently positioned him on the ground in the sun. Clyde looked cold and scared, so I spread an old hand towel over his body. My boys thought he would need nourishment, so in came two crackers. Then it was time for church. After the service, no Clyde. I'm assuming he made it.
There are parallels between Clyde the squirrel and man the sinner.
- You can easily get in to sin. Let's see . . . you can fall into sin, outright choose sin, or have sin find you. How you got in isn't the issue. You were in the thick of it.
- You couldn't get yourself out of sin. The more you tried to help the worse your situation became. Someone had to rescue you. His name is Jesus!
- Once rescued by God's kindness, you were covered and blanketed by His love.
- As you enjoyed warmth in the Son, all your needs were provided. Eventually you began to walk in newness of life.
- You didn't deserve to be rescued, but God did it anyway. I could've said, "It's just a squirrel" and walked away. God didn't say, "Oh, relax, it's just another sinner." He didn't walk away.
No comments:
Post a Comment