We're continuing to read through the Gospel of John. Today's reading is John 5:1-23.
-----
The greatest hindrance to experiencing healing is of human origin. Let's not be too quick to go straight to the demonic. Here are three, common, false beliefs that can interfere with healing.
"I've been this way too long; I might as well accept it." The man had been there 38 years. He was probably older than that.
"Healing is great when it happens to others; I'm not sure it will ever happen to me." Many times he'd witnessed someone else being healed. The man was second in line, at best. He'd never been the first one into the pool.
"To be healed, I have to be at the right place at the right time." The man believed that being first in the pool was his only option. Healing could come no other way.
Do you need a healing from God? Are you entertaining any of the three false beliefs?
No comments:
Post a Comment